A Blythe Epiphany

...now with more curry

Thursday, December 02, 2004

I'm too young for 'Senior Moments'

So I go to log into this blog I signed up for yesterday and already I've forgotten my username. How stupid am I? don't answer that.

I went to lunch today at a Mongolian Grill. For the uninitiated, it's a place where you get a bowl, go down a salad-bar-esque line choosing ingredients and sauces, and at then give your bowl full o' goodies to the chef, who cooks it on this great slab of metal with fire underneath. Some pretty fancy stir-fry, if you ask me. But it's yummy, because you get to choose exactly what you want in your lunch, and how much. You don't have to go all Meg-Ryan-in-When-Harry-Met-Sally and ask for everything 'on the side' in order to get it to taste just the way you want it. On the other hand, if your meal sucks, you have no one to blame but yourself. I'm okay with that.

Apparently, the tradition of the Mongolian grill dates back to Genghis Khan and his posse. Roving warriors have to eat too, right? According to the story on the menu (I love it when they give me reading material while I wait), the warriors would hunt and/or gather their food, and then cook it in their metal shields over an open fire, using their swords as cooking utensils. Alas, no swords this time. I guess I'll have to head on over to the Japanese steak house for some true culinary knife-play. 'Cuz I dig that stuff.

In other news, I have created what I hope is a masthead for this site. I have no idea what size it's actually supposed to be, or how to make it go where it's supposed to, but I have begun the process of putting it online so that I can link to it. Any suggestions/assistance will be appreciated.

[update: found image hoster, but since I've redesigned the site and changed the colors - the motif, if you will - my masthead ... ...doesn't really look right.]

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home