A Blythe Epiphany

...now with more curry

Saturday, October 29, 2005

Halloween Tour

Every Halloween, a local historical mansion hosts The History Mystery Tour. It's where different organizations get together and "host" a haunted location for the benefit of this mansion/museum. For example, the local high school drama club takes over the bottom floor of an architect's office that is said to be haunted, and they dress in costume and tell the ghost story.
I don't often get to go on this tour, because of the hours and my work schedule, but today I had the chance to meet up with some friends and visit a few of the stops along the way.

This was the guy at one of my favorite stops from previous years, St. James Parish Graveyard. Legend has it that Samuel Jocelyn (pictured) was buried alive back in 1745 after sustaining a blow to the noggin while riding his new horse. It's a creepy story when told well, and this one was complete with fog effects. This was the first time I've been able to go inside the graveyard.

I was only able to complete half of the tour before I had to get ready for work, but I think I'll try to finish it tomorrow. The stops I have left to cover are: the mansion itself, the county courthouse, a waterfront warehouse, and a boat docked at the base of Market St. Anyone wanna come along?

There are a couple more pics from today, just go here if you want to see 'em.

1 Comments:

At 10:17 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home