A Blythe Epiphany

...now with more curry

Saturday, August 20, 2005

meme-tastic

well, I've never done one of those "100 things about me" posts, or much of any "get to know me"-type things, because to be honest, I really just can't be bothered. But I got tagged. Twice.

So here are my meme's. I don't know what a "meme" is, or why it's called that, but apparently, I have to answer some questions and post it.

What are five of my idiosynchracies. Only Five?? erm,...okayyy. I'll just begin what could be a mammoth list, and stop when I get to 5.

1-My day has 26 hours in it. Or it would, if I were left to my own devices. Every night I want to stay up later than I should, and every morning, I want to sleep later than the day before. Some day I hope to do a little experiment, and live on my own schedule. I wonder if I'll ever make it back around to waking up at dawn without an alarm clock.

2-I love to travel. I'm addicted to it. I love to see the architecture and learn about the history of other places. It's interesting to me because I haven't always loved it, and I remember reading about what Sagittarians were supposed to be like, and the descriptions fit me to a "T," except for the bit about loving to travel. I was indifferent to it. And then I travelled on my own. That is to say, I planned a trip, got my tickets, found a travel buddy (not a parent/chaperone), and went. Now I get it. If I could only find a good way to fund my addiction...

3-I am fascinated by costumes. I like looking at them, making them, wearing them, designing them, researching them, and learning about their history and construction. I think this is a big facet of my love for theatre, and my enjoyment of Halloween. When I was in college, I took a job as a stitcher in a costume shop, even though I had no idea how to sew. But James "Parkie" Parker was very patient with me, and taught me how to sew. Though I'm no great seamstress, I am very proud of this skill, and it's given me a lot of enjoyment over the years.

4-I am a technogeek...on a budget. I love gadgets. Digital cameras, mp3 players, flash drives, all the way back to portable tvs and walkmans (walkmen?). Anybody remember those tape players from Sears, with one speaker and a little hole in it where the condenser mic lived? Remember trying to record songs from the radio with it? You had to put the recorder up to the speaker of the radio (or record player) and hit "record" and "play" at the same time, and wait 'til the song was over, then hit "pause," and then "stop." Hitting "stop" first caused a loud pop at the end of your song. Anyway, I was all about my little recorder, and would record 45's, the radio, tv shows, family sing-a-longs in the car, anything. O, what I wouldn't give for that Christmas sing-a-long/burp-fest from circa 1979. I love playing with these gadgets, but I can rarely afford them when they first come out. So I get them as gifts, or save up and buy them them after the NextBigThing has come out.

5-My soul needs water like my body does. I love water sooo much - rivers, lakes, oceans, rainstorms, baths, showers, fountains. But I'm not that big on drinking it-dunno why. On a recent trip Out West with my parents, I had a lovely time traveling and hanging out with them, but I realized I could Never, Never live there. The whole place is so DRY. It made me really appreciate humidity. But I think my ideal place would be Scotland, or Ireland. I've never been there, but I feel that it's where I need to be. Just look at the pictures--all that green? You know where that comes from, right? A Lot of Water. mmmmmmmmmmmm......

So that's Five. I know it's really more of a list of Stuff I Like, more than My Idiosynchracies, but I'm hoping that it's somehow a list of both. I only intended to make a quick list. This is more like a novel. Wait 'til I tell you What I Did Last Summer.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home