A Blythe Epiphany

...now with more curry

Wednesday, April 29, 2009

random

A couple of minutes ago, something prompted me to think of a happy memory involving a plane, and childhood. In an instant, I remembered my first plane flight. I was in 5th grade, and we went to Jamaica. As the plane reached cruising altitude, my ears really started hurting. I started to complain to my mom, and the lady sitting next to me turned to me and said, "go like this:" and she opened her mouth wide, like she was about to yawn. Without questioning, I did it and immediately my ears popped, sending relief through my head. I looked up at her and smiled.

About 25 years later, I was on a plane to France, and a little girl was sitting next to me. As we climbed to cruising altitude, she told her mother that her ears were hurting. Without thinking, I turned to her and said "go like this." We both opened our mouths wide, and then smiled at each other.

3 Comments:

At 3:18 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 
At 9:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 
At 3:30 AM, Blogger JanuskieZ said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home