A Blythe Epiphany

...now with more curry

Sunday, September 14, 2008

Lovin' the weekend...and friends!

Yesterday I tried to get a couple of friends to go with me to the local farmer's market downtown, but when they couldn't go, I decided to go on my own. Not only was the farmer's market happening, but one street up was host to a street fair for the arts. They closed off the main street for about 5 blocks, and artists set up tents to sell their jewelry, pottery, paintings, photography, etc. I started there first. I saw several people I know, so I spend a leisurely time chatting and browsing.

I found a cute print to go in the guest room, and a great pen-and-ink drawing from a 10-yr old kid (for a quarter!). I also found a new (to me) photographer whose work I really love. I wanted to buy some things then and there, but there was so much to choose from, I couldn't decide. So I got his card for later.

Then I got some more cash and headed to the farmer's market, where I got some fresh green tomatoes, locally made goat cheese (chevre just sounds better, doesn't it?), hand lotion, and some plants: sunflower, mint, and lavender. I'm looking forward to getting those in the ground after I finish typing this.

After I got in and put my things away, another friend called and we went out to a local garden shop to browse through their offerings and continue the planning for my garden. While there, I saw another friend I haven't seen in a while, and I was able to introduce the two of them to each other. They work in related fields and can help each other out a bit.

After getting back in, the sun had sapped a lot of my energy, so I just got some dinner, watched a movie, and headed to bed early.

Now it's Sunday, I slept in 'til about 9, and today I plan to do some shopping with a friend, then break the camera out to take some headshots for another friend.

All this to say, remember when I was so busy I couldn't catch a breath? I had so overextended myself that I had no time to just relax and be me, and hang out with my friends? Well, I think I've finally gotten over that. I think it could be a continuing struggle for balance, but at least I've broken the habit of over-committing myself. *whew!*

Now, off I go to play in the dirt. Happy Sunday, all!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home