A Blythe Epiphany

...now with more curry

Monday, July 21, 2008

How My Mind Works

A glimpse into my mind this morning:

Those are great jars. They're just sitting there. I should put something in those jars. What can I put in those jars? Ooh - half a bag of pasta. Better than leaving the pasta sitting in an already opened bag. Put that pasta in a jar. (*does so*) Oops. That's too much pasta. I chould cook the remainder - Ooh - and take it to work - cheap lunch! Yay! (*cooks pasta*)

Naked pasta. What to put on it. Vinaigrette! (*makes vinaigrette, recipe courtesy of Marc - Thanks, Marc!*) Now I've got pasta vinaigrette with nothing else. Still looks naked. Veggies? yeah, veggies. What veggies? Corn? Peas? Maybe some capers or something? (*looks around kitchen*) Only corn. Good enough. (*Opens corn, adds some to pasta*) Now all this leftover corn needs a container. Too small for those jars. (*gets container for corn, puts it away in fridge*)

Needs color, this vinaigretted pasta with corn. Ooh - shelled edamame in the freezer. But no time to cook it. (*adds frozen edamame to pasta*) Brilliant - now it doesn't need to be kept cold. Now I need another container. Too big for the jars.

Now that I'm here at work, eating the pasta with vinaigrette and corn and edamame and a little added lemon pepper tuna from a packet at my desk, it needs a little bit of (red?) onion, more vinegar and/or mustard, ... but it's not bad.

All from looking at an empty jar, and wanting to fill it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home