A Blythe Epiphany

...now with more curry

Friday, May 09, 2008

Lifestyle change

Wow, guys.
There's something I've been thinking about for a while, and I'm still thinking about it, so I thought I'd mention it here. I was reluctant to say anything until I did it, for fear that the urge would dissipate upon talking about it. But here it is:

I want to start running.

Me. Running. ...ok, maybe jogging. Whatever. I am not a runner, and never have I been. I was on the track team in high school, but I was a jumper - high jump, long jump, etc. Occasionally, I'd do a sprint or some hurdles, but never, EVER did I do any distance. I was always rubbish at the distances. (explains a lot, dunnit?)

So, not knowing where to begin, I've been poking around for information for truly beginner runners. I'm not looking to train for marathons or anything, I just want to set aside parts of the day to go out and enjoy the weather, the day, the outdoors. I need this.

But there's a lot to do to get started, apparently. Shoes, clothing that "wicks" (?), special socks, doctor's permission, foundation garments, high protein bars and lots of fluids (never my strong point), training plans, etc.

Anyway, that's that. Wish me willpower.

1 Comments:

At 2:38 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow, you're hardcore! I wish you mucho willpower!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home