A Blythe Epiphany

...now with more curry

Sunday, May 18, 2008

Begun

I did it. I ran today.

Got the shoes and gear on, and just went. Actually, I paused momentarily to futz with mp3 player, determined it to be defective, determined myself not to be, and left. I went about a mile, running for the goal of at least 60 strides, and then more until breathing became difficult. Then I walked until breathing became normal again. And repeated the process about 5 times. I was only out for about 20 minutes (including a stop at the convenience store for some water), but at least I started.

Writing this, it seems so small, insignificant,...so weak of a start. But it's a start. I felt the sun and the wind, and said hello to neighbors. I've just finished ordering a new mp3 player so that maybe soon I can focus on the music and not my own breathing. My shoes may need an adjustment for running, but they're quite comfortable while walking. Maybe Adam was right (what are the odds? rather great, in fact.) that I need to bite the bullet and get some proper running shoes from a running shoe company, recommended for me specifically by trained running shoe salespeople. In the meantime, these will do.

yay!

2 Comments:

At 1:51 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Woohoo!! :D

 
At 10:29 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Running? RUNNING?!?!? You madwoman! What's happened! The next thing you know I'll be making tea in a French Press and reading cooking books!

Oops - that's happened also. Good luck Muffin!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home