A Blythe Epiphany

...now with more curry

Wednesday, June 15, 2005

Holy new-favorite-movie, Batman!


Last night I went to see the midnight showing of Batman Begins (thanks, Michael).

It was Fantastic.

The supporting cast was superb - Michael Caine, Morgan Freeman, Gary Oldman, Liam Neeson, and Linus Roache, especially. And Christian Bale, ...was perfect. 'Til now I only knew him as the kid that Kenneth Branagh carried on his back in the post-battle Agincourt scene in Henry V (I've seen him in other stuff, but nothing this front and center) - you may trust that I'll be seeing The Machinist and American Psycho as soon as is possible. I could go on and on, but I think one reason I enjoyed it so much was that I had no expectations for it going in. I had no idea what the story would be, who would be playing whom, etc. So I was able to just sit there and let them tell me the story. There are well-written user reviews and comments all over the web, so I'm not going to talk a lot about it here. But if you get the choice anytime soon to see Batman Begins, or any other movie, I recommend you see Batman. I'll be seeing it myself again soon, so if you want a movie buddy, gimme a call.

1 Comments:

At 1:31 AM, Blogger Vivi said...

mmm...Christian...*drool*

Love that boy.
Tho I'll have to wait for the DVD to hear him speak his lines. *sigh*

This is the second good review I've read of the new Batman. That's excellent news all around! :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home