A Blythe Epiphany

...now with more curry

Saturday, August 20, 2005

meme-tastic deux

This one's a meme about music. Top 5 songs, to be exact. I don't know how anyone can come up with just 5 songs as all-time faves, but I'll try to choose 5 that comprise a representative sample. Understand: I don't get a lot of "new" music anymore, not since I left the Record Bar where I worked in college. So my taste is a wee bit dated.

Enough disclaiming. Here's the list. In no particular order:

Come on Eileen - by Dexy's Midnight Runners. No Doubt also does a fantastic cover of it. This one never fails to put me in a good mood. It's like fairy dust that way.



Bell Bottom Blues - by Derek and the Dominos. This one may even be older than me. But four syllables into it, they've got me. Don't ever make the mistake of trying to talk to me while this song is playing. At best, you'll get ignored. At worst, you'll lose a limb.


Concierto de Aranjuez - by Rodrigo, as performed by Miles Davis, Gil Evans, and friends on the Sketches of Spain album. This is my classical music selection for this list. I don't know what to say about it. You just have to hear it.



Son of a Preacher Man - by Dusty Springfield. Thanks to this song, I grew some cajones and partook of Karaoke. Much fun ensued.




Lonely No More - by Rob Thomas. I'm not made of stone, people. He got me. The lone recent release on this list. I know it's being overplayed. I know it's mainstream. But I like it. It's catchy, and makes me dance in my car.
Whitesnake used to make me dance on my car, but that's another post entirely.

So that's 5. V - are you surprised that Robbie Robertson isn't in here? :-)

3 Comments:

At 6:56 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dont know about V but Im surprised Robbie isnt there
Nor is Nora....

And I thought I knew you..D

 
At 6:51 AM, Blogger Vivi said...

YES! ;)

I admit I almost requested that, for difficulty, and in the end I'm quite surprised.

 
At 5:48 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

It's beginning to look like Christmas (Ok, So we're barely over Halloween)! But it's time to be begging to think a lot like abc christmas happened it movie network one , : - )

 

Post a Comment

<< Home