A Blythe Epiphany

...now with more curry

Friday, September 02, 2005

Relief

We've finally heard from all of the family down south. They are all safe. Some don't have power, some have minor damage to their homes, and my Aunt and Uncle have had major flooding in their home to the point that it probably cannot be saved. But they are all alive.

I talked to my young cousin Jordyn yesterday via Instant Message and it was such a relief to get some news, and to hear that contact with all of the family had been made directly. After the conversation with Jordyn, I felt five pounds lighter. And then I went home and talked to my mom on the phone and I could tell that she'd had the same experience. She'd gotten word that her daddy was okay. And she'd made a plan to go to Mississippi and see him just as soon as they get power back. I could hear in her voice that the tension had been lifted.

There's still a lot to be done, but my family is Safe. Thank you God.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home