A Blythe Epiphany

...now with more curry

Wednesday, November 16, 2005

Sicko

Yes, I've been away for a while. For a while, I was sick. I even took a couple of days off! Yes! Me! But why is it that it takes illness for me to get a day off? Then the day is wasted by my being sick. I slept through a good portion of the daylight hours, and then at night I had trouble sleeping. Wonder why that is. So anyway, after having a fever for a couple of days and more snot in my head than any 5 people should ever have, I have finally returned. I still sound like a frog, and my sinus still has a slow leak, but I'm back. Finally.

Oh, and here's the thing. I got a flu shot on Wednesday. I was working on some snottiness, but no fever or nausea or headache or any of those other flulike symptoms. They let me go ahead and get the shot (for free, 'cuz I'm a state employee. woohoo.). But by the afternoon, I was coughing and dizzy and sneezing and not making sense (more so than usual), so I went home. Then I was sick for a few days. So either I had already started getting sick when I got the shot, or the shot made me sick. Or perhaps I was just a little sick, and the flu shot made me a lot sick.

Aren't you glad you've just spent all this time reading about me being sick?

I promise to have more fun stuff in future posts. Cross my heart.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home