A Blythe Epiphany

...now with more curry

Friday, June 16, 2006

On Mojitos, Squid, and Karaoke

Last night was a lovely evening at the park. Unfortunately, the crowd was small, and they sat so far back in the seats that we couldn't see them. So the show felt more like a dress rehearsal than a performance. But I had a good time anyway. By the end of the show, most of the cast seemed to be in a bit of a festive mood, so we went to a new sushi bar downtown called YoSake. I had skipped dinner, and was close to gnawing on my own hand for nourishment. Thankfully, we arrived at the restaurant before the kitchen closed and I was able to get an Ocean Salad.

I.
Love.
the Ocean Salad.
It's got slices of squid, shrimp, and some kinda something that I can't describe without sounding lewd. But it's really good. Reeeally good.

And you know what else is reeeally good?



Mojitos.


They've got mint and lime and sugar and soda and oh, mebbe a little bit o' rum. I think I have a new favorite drink.

And even when you haven't had one or two too many, it's fun to say Moe-HEE-Toe! Go on, try it.

So yes, I had a couple, or maybe a few of those. And, AND. It was Karaoke night as well. So, summing up: singing, sushi, fun, fellowship, and hooch. That was my night. How was yours?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home