A Blythe Epiphany

...now with more curry

Monday, February 01, 2010

New News!

I'm going on a trip!

Scotland, this time. With my Mom, Dad, and Aunt Becky.

I will try to get this little blog back up and running, so I can post photos and journals of what we do while we're there. In the meantime, to get back into practice, I'll talk a little bit about the planning process.

First, how the trip came about:

Mom and I wanted to take another trip together, and ever since our France/England/Wales trip, we've wanted to see Ireland. Or Scotland. Or maybe both? Yes, both.

Two weeks was what we had decided on, and were taking it one week, and one country at a time. For some reason, the Ireland leg was proving rather difficult to plan, but when we switched to Scotland, everything just fell into place. I suggested to Mom that we just make it a week-long trip, and cover Scotland a bit better, and she agreed.

With the trip being shorter now, it seemed that we might be able to add a passenger. Since we knew that Dad would love the scenery, and we probably wouldn't be doing nearly as much hardcore walking on this trip, we asked Dad if he'd come along. It took a couple of tries, to get him to say yes (I think the trip's during hunting season or somesuch), but he finally did.

After Christmas, Mom and Dad managed to pick up another passenger, my Aunt Becky, as a roommate for me. I'm not sure how that conversation went down, but I know she's done a fair bit of traveling, and I think she'll be a good addition to the group.

So that's the "how it all started" bit. I think I should pace myself, and cover the itinerary and locations a little bit later.

'Til next time, I leave you with a bit of inspiring scenery:



























I'll let you know if the picture does it justice or not.

1 Comments:

At 7:53 AM, Anonymous Vivi said...

YAY!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home