A Blythe Epiphany

...now with more curry

Monday, January 24, 2005

TravLog, stardate: 01-03-05


in France, they're "Frites"
Originally uploaded by Epiphany.
This was more of a "transit" day, but fun was still had. Steph had to get up early and go back to work, but Val and I slept in a little (don't tell 'im!) and then went out for some grub and a trip to a museum - you know, for some kuuhl-chaah. The waitress at the place where we ate lunch had some really cool pants on, but she's all skinny and French and on me they'd look just silly. Let's just say I'm a bit more "curvy" than some. ...I wonder where she got those pants, though...
The museum was very nice and had lots of paintings and sculptures from all the way back to the middle ages. It still freaks me out that there are statues made of WOOD from about six HUNDRED years ago that are still in excellent condition and available for people like ME to look at. ...just blows my mind.
After the museum, we went home to wait for Marc, (husband of Doc) to pick me up to take me to their house in Gudmont. Finally, I got to meet Matthieu, the son of Doc and Marc. He's a very adorable, very laid-back baby, and he was looking mighty stylin' in his fleecy jumper. Doc came home from school shortly thereafter, and we had a lovely reunion. She fixed Foie Gras, green salad, and Duck for dinner. You know, I really hate it when something so bad tastes so good. They really need to figure out a way to make that stuff without being so mean to the little duckies. Really.
After dinner I got my hiney whooped at a card game called "Wizard". What is it with the French and their card games? And whatever happened to "beginner's luck?"

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home