A Blythe Epiphany

...now with more curry

Tuesday, April 26, 2005

The little things

It's amazing to me sometimes just how dependent I am on things like ... electricity. For example, today I arrived at work to find that power was out in our building and several of the surrounding ones. It had been off for about 45 minutes already, and we had no idea when it would come back on, so we opened up shop and sat around doing what little we could without electricity. Which ain't much.
Things we couldn't do:
email - blog - listen to webradio - set up subscriptions - compile reports - photocopy - make coffee - microwave lunch - print tickets - log renewals - shred - scan - print...
Things we could do:
alphabetize order forms - learn lines

As you may have deduced, the power's back on now. And I'm being quite the busy bee. But I gotta say, the small disruption of the routine did wonders for my mood.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home