A Blythe Epiphany

...now with more curry

Saturday, November 19, 2005

Ghillieeeeees!!

I can't remember (and frankly can't be bothered to check the acrhives) if I mentioned that last weekend I went to My Very First Renaissance Faire. I've been wanting to go to one for, oh, about a decade now, and my cool friend Heather happened to mention that the Carolina Renaissance Festival is just a few minutes from her house, and you know how we always talk about visiting each other but rarely do, etc. So, I decided to go. And, since my friend Robb seemed to take a shine to Mizz Heather, I thought it might be cool to ask him along too. Heather agreed that it was a good idea to invite him. *sly grin.*

So, Robb and I headed out for Concord last Friday evening, with Robb driving and me still nursing my stuffed head and coughing like .. um,.. one who coughs a whole lot. We went to the faire on Saturday and had a lovely time. At least I had a lovely time. Robb and Heather were too busy not-quite-wooing to make many comments on how they were enjoying the faire, and to be honest, I was too busy looking at everything with wide, saucer eyes, and a big grin on my face to notice much of anything else. Perhaps one day I'll be used to what the typical Ren faire has to offer, but for this time, I was a pig in sh.. --slop.

AND, I Got Ghillies!!!! I'd been wanting some shoes like this for at least 5 years, and I finally found some that I liked, that fit me, and that weren't a hundred dollars or more. So without further ado, I present to you,....

My Shoes:


Aren't they cute? And they're all soft and suede-ey inside. I luff dem.


Oh, and if you want to see the Carolina Renaissance Festival through my eyes, click here.

much better than a post about snot, don'tcha think?

1 Comments:

At 9:10 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home