A Blythe Epiphany

...now with more curry

Friday, January 13, 2006

Wet Ledger

I went with my friend Barbara last night to see Casanova. It's exactly my kind of 'popcorn movie.' It's got period costumes, exotic (to me) locations, and just the right amount of humor and plot twists to keep me interested for the entire length of the movie. It was fun and pretty, but nothing I felt any huge need to discuss afterwards at length. And while I've never felt any particular attraction to Heath Ledger, I will admit he is talented, and looks rather fetching in a puffy shirt that's being drenched by the rain.

Afterwards, we went to a restaurant about 23 paces from the theatre to sit and dish for about THREE HOURS. I guess we needed that. You know, I have wonderful guy friends, but there's just no substitute for some good girl talk. It's nice to know that I'm not alone - there are other women out there feeling the same things I'm feeling, about life, work, art, love, etc.

So here's to Chicks, and Chick Flicks.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home