A Blythe Epiphany

...now with more curry

Wednesday, March 15, 2006

Flu Shot, Scmhooshot

I'm not really a sick person. Well, okay maybe I--
umm.
Let me start over.


I don't usually get sick very often. And if I do, it's not usually that bad. And if it is, it doesn't usually last for very long. BUT. I got SICK. And I mean S I C K. I think it was Tuesday of last week, I woke up with a little bit of a sore throat. No big deal, I thought. It should clear up in an hour or two. I'll just take it easy for a little while. Well, it didn't clear up. It stayed. And it was still there on Wednesday. And by Wednesday night I had to cancel plans to stay home and rest. By the last few hours of work on Friday, I was snotty, coughing, headachey, feverish, dizzy,...itwasnotpretty. And I couldn't leave work, because I was the only one there. The weekend was spent in a haze of NyQuil, hacking coughs and PBS pledgeweek. I even missed work on Monday. So here it is Wednesday, and the fever and headache and dizziness are gone, but I'm still coughing and sniffing and snotty. What the heck IS this??? Over a Week now! enough already. I missed work! I slept a LOT! I spent lots of money on medicines and juice! And I TOOK the medicines and DRANK the juice!! What more must I give?!??
But the thing is, I got the flu shot this year. For the first time in several years, I went to the clinic day, and got my flu shot from my workplace like a good little worker. Interestingly, within HOURS of the shot, I was sick. And I think I missed work that time too. Two bad sickies in one winter, the very same year I got the flu shot. hmmmmmm.

Maybe I no get flu shot next year.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home