A Blythe Epiphany

...now with more curry

Sunday, October 08, 2006

Autumn at last?

Recently, the weather has turned slightly colder. For example, it's 73 degrees at 4:00p.m. instead of 85 degrees.

Being far too ready for fall (it's OCTOBER, fercryin' outloud-why isn't it colder!), I immediately lept upon the cold-weather comfort foods. I bought Hot Chocolate mixes and ingredients for Chili and heavy pasta dishes. Which of course means that next week the weather will be back up in the nineties.

But I just can't help myself. I like colder weather. I like wearing sweaters and drinking warm beverages. I like piles of autumn leaves and the smell of wood smoke. I like getting cold and damp and then changing into warm dry clothes and curling up with a blanket and a good book. Also, my cat gets all snuggly when it's cold, and that's some really good stuff. What am I saying? I get all snuggly when it's cold.

OOOOh...as I've been typing this, a rain storm has come up and it's all grey and rainy and cold looking. I can't wait to finish work here and get out in it. I plan to get a little bit chilled, then heat up some chili and watch PBS all night. ...sweeeeet.








<---not my actual Chili.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home