A Blythe Epiphany

...now with more curry

Monday, August 28, 2006

Able to Exhale

There are some people who, in times of great stress, frustration or high emotion, write as a way to vent some of the excess. Clearly I am not one of those people.

This past weekend we opened the big show that has had me more than the usual amount of freaked out. This play's story is one that I've felt more personally than I've let on to those around me. So I really wanted to get it right. And it's beautifully written, so I've been especially careful to try and get every word as the playwright intended. This is not as easy as it sounds. And I'm sure I haven't yet gotten it completely right, but I've come close enough to feel pretty good about it.
So anyway, it's open. The bird is in flight. We still have two more weekends of it, and if you come to see it, I personally promise to give you the best performance that I can. I love this show, I love this cast, and I want to share it with as many people as I can. For those of you who don't know, this show is why I do theatre.

If you want to come see it, but don't know which show I'm talking about, post a comment below and I'll tell you.

1 Comments:

At 4:03 AM, Blogger Vivi said...

I'd like to know! I'm afraid I'm not going to make it, however. :(

 

Post a Comment

<< Home