A Blythe Epiphany

...now with more curry

Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Highlands on my mind

This upcoming trip is occupying a lot of my mind, whether I'm conscious of it or not.

-If there's a purchase I need to make, I consider whether it will be useful in Scotland: New walking shoes? Absolutely. New curtains? Definitely not.

-I've been making the packing list in my mind since Christmas, determined to pack half as much as I did the last time, and trying to figure out how to make the most of the smaller suitcase space.

-I've tried to convince myself not to take my laptop, but I just can't seem to get that far.

-Travel books have become my new evening reading, and gleaning the choicest bits of information for inclusion in my small travel notebook is now my obsession.

-The movies I watch must be somehow related to at least Great Britain, with special precedence given to histories, or romantic comedies set in Scotland. (oh darn, Gerard Butler again??)

-When I take a mental break from work, I do tourism searches on the different towns and cities we'll be visiting, and write down anything of particular interest in my little book.

-As I'm trying to get to sleep at night, I wonder what's the best way to ensure a little nap on the plane before we arrive in Edinburgh.

I get more and more excited with each passing day, and I want to just go ahead and get there already! But then I realize just how much more I need to do before I leave, and that brings me back to the moment. Like right now, I must get back to work, and shore things up so that I can be gone for 2 weeks without the place burning down.

But if anyone has any tips for sleeping on the plane, I'd be glad to hear 'em!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home