A Blythe Epiphany

...now with more curry

Monday, December 12, 2005

Arrgh - I'm a Pirate!

This past weekend I went with some friends to see The Chronicles of Narnia at our local UberMegaplex. I remember reading at least one of the books when I was about 7 or 8, which was too young for me to really "get it." I realized that even then, and didn't finish the series, always intending to go back and read them when I was older. Well, I'm quite a bit older, and still haven't finished the series, so those nice folks at Disney made it easy for me by making a film.
I gotta tell ya, I really enjoyed it. Apparently, they had to cut oh, about an hour out of it (so the DVD's gonna be nice and fat), but I didn't really notice where the cuts came from. Also, I didn't know enough about the story to know what had been cut.
Apparently, the WETA wizards (of Lord of the Rings fame) did a lot of work on Narnia, and I did see several things that looked like they'd been given a second life - it's good to see the Orcs getting some work these days!





<---this is a shot taken from where I was sitting...is it considered a bootleg? ...In that case, it is a shot taken from very close to where I was sitting. Yeah. I confiscated the camera. Freakin' bootlegger pirates. sheesh.

2 Comments:

At 3:46 PM, Blogger Vivi said...

breakin' the law, breakin' the law...

nuh nuh nuh nuh

breakin' the law, breakin' the law...

i'm so proud. :)

 
At 9:41 PM, Blogger blank said...

Thank you. "lol" asside, it's been a while since I actually laughed out loud at something I saw on a computer screen.

As your favorite felon, I say "get down with your bad self!"

 

Post a Comment

<< Home