A Blythe Epiphany

...now with more curry

Friday, March 17, 2006

ROAD TRIP!!!!!!

My new coworker is from Savannah, Georgia, and she's been moaning lately about how she's not going to be able to make it back home for the annual St. Patrick's Day festival in her home town. I started thinking about it, and I realized I haven't been to Savannah in several years, I want to do something fun tonight, and why the heck not? I said to her, "you should just call in sick to the show and we should just take a big road trip to Savannah."

That was all it took.

She was on the phone in a shot, making a flurry of phone calls, rearranging her schedule, working it out. So now, I have plans! I know where I'll be getting my Guinness tonight - two states away, in Georgia! We'll be doing the whirlwind tour, getting into town around midnight, staying up late, being festive, and then crashing on the couch, sleeping late in the morning, and heading back home around noon.

I'm told we'll be visiting Forsyth Park, having breakfast at Clarey's, sitting on a bench in Chippewa Square where Forrest Gump offered someone a chowklit, and who knows what else.


Wheeeeeee! Roadtrip!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home